Coast & Country Painting practices "Green" Painting:
The construction industry is notorious for negatively impacting the environment. Coast & Country Painting is dedicated to working for the environment not against it. We do this by focusing on the following:
- Proper disposal / waste management
- Indoor air quality
- Using Low and No VOC (volatile organic compound) paint whenever possible
− Provides the same durability, beauty and performance
− Clean-up is safer for the environment
− Doesn't release harmful air pollution and odor
Recent estimates suggest roughly 10% of total VOC’s come directly from Coatings. This in turn destroys the ozone and aids in the creation of the greenhouse effect. Use low and no VOC paints whenever you can. We do!
Green Painting is all about caring. Coast & Country Painting strongly believes in taking the extra steps during a project so that we do our part.
Reduce waste that comes from painting
Green Painting Tips:
- Buy what you need: a gallon of paint covers roughly 350-380 square ft
- Use low voc/ no voc latex paint when you can
- Donate leftover paint
- Recycle unused paint: Each town has a Household Hazardous Waste Day. You can locate your town on the link below
Take the Home Efficiency Audit
Home Depot's audit is designed to help you find ways to reduce your energy bills, protect the environment and make your home a comfortable place to live. Take the Home Efficiency Audit to understand how, and how much, energy you are currently using.
Eco Options Program
How to correctly dispose of latex paint
Click below to find out where to dispose of oil based paints and thinners
Coast & Country Painting is Lead-Safe Certified